Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fondant to 5k and everything inbetween...

I would have posted the end result of last night, well, last night, but after the baking aftermath of powdered sugar covered counters, stained hands, and flour covered clothing, so I was pretty dang exhausted. After finishing up the Easter explosion of two thousand and eleven. I then had to go running to train for the 5k I entered myself into. For the record, taste testing cakes is not conducive to running for a mile and a half. After kicking my butt at training, I got home at 10:30 at night. Fortunately, I have a warm hearted grandmother who cleaned up the chaotic kitchen for me while I was gone, bless her heart, so that I could get some sleep seeing as how I had to wake up at 7:00 the next morning for my college algebra class. Oddly enough, after such late night and early wake up call I am in a fantastic mood! My cake turned out amazing and I got some fantastic news from my boyfriend this morning. Guess who is going to go see her favorite baseball team play in a month...this girl! So, not only am I inspired to make a Houston Astros themed cake for him, I am also giddy with excitement!

I know what you're thinking, 'Enough rambling! We want pictures!' Who am I to keep the people from what they want? Here is how last night turned out!





I used a homemade vanilla/white cake recipe. My usual butter cream was used for filling and frosting. The figures on top are made from fondant and food coloring. Tooth picks were used to secure the wings of the duck and the ears to the rabbit, as well as the figures themselves to the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment