Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Nice Day for a White Wedding

I think all of my energy and creativity has been sucked out of me and put into this wedding cake...my whole body is tired after baking, leveling, icing, fondant-ing?, and decorating four layers of wedding cake. On the bright side, my hands were not stained tonight! All I can say is thank goodness for traditional wedding cakes and fondant already coming in white. I'm very happy this wasn't a total disaster and on that note I am hitting the hay.

I used the same chocolate cake recipe as the cakes I have made before and filled it with butter cream. It is covered in white fondant and the piping is butter cream frosting. This cake definitely took a lot of time and a lot work on my part. It took a total of four hours from ingredient mixing to the last bit of piping on the cake and I'm still not fully satisfied with it, but for the first attempt I think I did pretty darn well. I can only get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment